Sunday, December 28, 2008

Now I can post this

I am now able to post this little project I had been working this summer. It was a Christmas gift for my brother in law Gary and his wife Janet. I wanted to do something special for them because they always treat us to the nicest gifts and it is really hard to find a way to show them how much we appreciate all they do for us. So this is what I came up with. I made two quilted/applique wall hangings for the business. The business name is Maverick Masonry. In the middle is the logo (double M) and surrounding the logo are block/brick patterns that are used in various building projects. I was very fortunate to find fabric that resembled color and textures of brick and block. I think they liked it. I was pretty happy with the way it turned out.











6 comments:

Krause Crew said...

Love it! I know, my parents are the hardest to shop for. I usually have to come up with some creative idea too. But I don't sew. Great job.

Beckums said...

I thought this was seriously the coolest thing ever! You are so talented Dawn...I think i need to dust off my sewing machines and come get lessons!

Dawn said...

Thank you so much. Lessons any time. I really enjoyed making them. I get a lot of joy from doing this kind of stuff and giving as a gift. I have so many projects lined up to do. I cant keep up with myself. Typical.

Becky said...

You are so talented and creative Dawn! I want to be more like you!

Dawn said...

Becky, You are so sweet. Thank you. That makes me feel good.

Bethany said...

You are amazing!!! What a great idea.