Friday, January 16, 2009

Just thinking......

So I have been thinking a lot lately about all the different types of people in this world. Actually I have done quit a bit of thinking about people in my life because I have had so many different experiences with so many different people. 16 years working with the public gives you a very different view of the human race. In an average work day I encountered about a few hundred people. I just find it very interesting. All the personalities, insecurities, likes, dislikes...... Their are some who find it very important to show how well off they are. Or at least give the appearance of wealth. Some could care less. So many angry people in this world. Some are very transparent and you can tell what kind of abuse they have taken in their life. Then others hold it in and put on a good face, but push the right button and they will make you sorry you ever crossed their path. Then their are the ones who are so into them selves that they just think every one loves them and don't even realize when they are insensitive to someone else because it is all about them. Or it is the complete opposite. They think everyone is out to get them and hurt them or make them look bad. Some people really have a desire to be genuinely good, friendly people. Some could care less who they hurt. Some have such control issues they manipulate every thing and every one to serve their own agendas. I really could go on and on. So many stories. When I think about all of this it really brings me to this conclusion. I learn something from all of these people. I learn that I want to be a good, loving, humble, genuine human being. I want to do the right things in my life. I make mistakes. I know I am not perfect. I would never intentionally hurt some one because I have been in that position and it hurts like hell. It is hell!!! I hope others like me, but I know I am not going to mesh with every person I cross paths with. That is Ok too. I just need to make sure I do right by those people too.

We are who we are because of the things that have happened in our lives. We are a product of our environments. The thing we need to remember is we have the choice to be happy or miserable. I choose Happy!!!!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I like you Dawn. I think you're one of the most genuinely nicest people I know. I'm glad you're not working with the not so nice public anymore.

Dawn said...

Thank you Becky. I am so happy that I do not have to do that too....

Melynda King said...

Well said. It really made me think about where I fit in. I think I have some things to work on!