Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I just have to laugh at myself

So for lunch today, I decided to have some chicken and Brussels Sprouts. I know, Brussels Sprouts, EEWWWWW......... I am a strange person any way. Parr for the course. I cooked my chicken first. I forgot to put the Brussels Sprouts in the microwave with my chicken so they were next. I had a little brief prompting, nothing big, to cover the Brussels Sprouts but didn't pay much attention to it.. It was only going to be 1 minute. I start the microwave, and hear the popping of my unpopular veggie, thinking they are just splitting. Less than 30 seconds I check on the cooking process and this is what I find......................................






I just had to laugh. I am such a dork...... I think the holy ghost has a sence of humor. I could just see him and heavenly father laughing their hinnies off. I did..............................

Lesson learned.............. Listen to the small and brief promptings too.


I just had to look this word up to see if it is real. My family used it all the time in reference to the hind end. Now I know, it is a real word with meaning. They were farm folk and this makes sense.

hin·ny

hin·ny [hínnee]
(plural hin·nies)
n
cross between horse and donkey: the offspring of a stallion and a female donkey


[Early 17th century. Via Latin hinnus <>
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

No comments: