
I have been back from Riani's for a few days now. I was busy from the git go. That is why it has taken me a little while to tell you about my trip to Cali. It was a lot of fun. Just Raini and me. The day I flew in we went straight to target to get Raini an early Birthday present. I got her a sewing machine. A nice little starter machine. She never had much interst when she was younger but the last time she was hear she wanted to make something. Any way that gave me the idea for her gift and since I was their I got it for her so she could get started. Her first project was three dish towels that she made for her friend on Monday. They were really cute. Then I taught her to make a rag quilt. It is going to be really cute. She is still working on it and I am shure she will have it done soon.
On my second day we volunteered at an event at CSULB. It was a dance seminar put on by Carrie Ann Inaba from "Dancing with the Stars." She wasnt their but a guy named Artem Chigvintsev. He was on "So you Think you can Dance". I was about 10 feet away from the stage when he was teaching the kids a Latin dance. It was amazing!!!!!! The little kids were so cute to watch. They picked it up so fast too. So cool. Their were three other "famous" dance instrutors as well. I never heard of any of them. I only remebered Artem because I liked the latin dance the best.
Sunday we went to church of course. I have never been in such a small ward in my life. A very cool ward though. Very multi cultured and diverse. Very nice people. Very spiritual people. Raini gave a ride to an elderly ward member who was blind. Her name was Donna. Her service dog was a sweet golden retriever. It was cool to watch her sing the Hymns from a brail book and the scriptures too. Comes pretty easy when that is all you have known all your life. After church we stayed home and I took a nice nap while Raini watched Twilight. I watched the next day. We just hung out the rest of the day.
Monday Raini had to work for a few hours so I took a nice walk down 2nd street and just hung out. We went to the mall and walked a round. Had some lunch. It was just nice to hang out with my daughter. That was the best part of the whole trip. We had good talks. It was all good. I did take some pictures with Rainis camera. I am waiting on her to send them to me. So in the mean time I am posting imigage from the internet. We also went to dinner with her friend Claudia and her husband. They are really nice people.Tuesday I came home. It was hard to leave her. I miss my kids and every time I have to leave them behind I cry a little. I know they are all grown up but it is still hard. I'm a mom.






2 comments:
that sounds like such a nice getaway, I wish you were here to teach me how to sew!
I wish you were here! I am actually going to start giving sewing lessons.
Post a Comment