I have been thinking a lot on a strange thing I do that cases me a bit of trouble. Actually it cases misunderstandings more often than not. Usually with people who don't know me very well. This is how it works..... I will be talking with some one and they make a comment that makes me go off into this thought process, that appears to be my reacting to what they said, negatively. Sometimes I am so tired and I dont talk much or appear angry. Next thing I know the beginning of what could have quite possibly been a good friendship turns into a very uncomfortable situation. The other person thinks I am being rude or not very friendly or what ever and they are weird around me from that point on. Now this doesn't happen with every one I come in contact with. A lot of people have the ability to over look it or just simply make nothing of it. These people are great, wonderful friends.
I know I can be blunt about certain topics. That is me. My world consists of bluntness. I try not to be but it just happens sometimes. This to me is very simply truth. Truth is truth. Don't candy coat it. I have had to look the devil straight in the eye more often than I ever thought I would have to in this life and this is what I have learned from it.
I guess its the "misunderstanding" that is the issue. My late ex mother in-law said something to me one time that made so many things more clear to me. She said "People are who they are because of the things they have experienced in their lives". She actually read it in a book titled "The Divine Center". I later learned that I had a choice in how I allow the things that happen to me, affect me. The person I am. Do I choose happiness or misery? I choose happiness. This also helps me understand that every one is different. Not every one is going to "get me". I am OK with that. I just don't like the perception that arises from this whole thing. I am not purposely rude or unfriendly. I am a very happy, fun loving individual.
The thing I am trying to work on is how to handle the situation that cases these misunderstandings. How do I avoid it? Is it me that needs to make the change? Do I just move on and let it be what it be? Am I really the one with the problem? I know I am not perfect and that is what makes me examine these things, my faults more closely. Oh well, I will just keep working on me and let the Lord handle the rest.
16 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment