I feel like sharing some tid-bits that not every one knows about me. Mrs Becky Cook (AWESOME lady) did the same and it inspired me to do the same. I am just now getting to it so get ready to be stunned and amazed. Well maybe stunned, we will see.
Little Did You Know........
I have lived in Phoenix, South Phoenix , Tolleson, Flagstaff, Maryvale, North Phoenix and the state of Georgia
I planted my fist garden at the age of 8 years old. I did it by myself. It was about 10x10 and I grew watermelon, carrots, radishes, and I cant remember what else. My grandfather instilled the love of gardening in me and it has never left. Thank you Grandpa.
We raised chickens, had a hamster, rescued a Grey Squirrel and raised it to its adulthood, Rescued many cats and dogs as well. Always had animals around.
I used to catch the big black ants, scorpions, giant praying mantis, grass hoppers, centipedes, Locust, very large tree beetles, Lizards and horned toads, and frogs. I would collect them in large jars and watch them do what ever it was they do.
I lived two blocks away from south mountain and the desert was our play ground. We played hide and seek, hiked, had pick-nicks, and rode motor cycles in those mountains. We caught locust and tied string to them and fly them like a kite. In the summer time at dusk the tree beetles would fly at your head and we would use a shovel to bat them away.
My oldest sister tried to feed me canned dog food when I was around 2-3 yrs old. It was a huge spoon too. She said to me "tastes like candy" I remember my mom catching her and boy did she get into trouble.
I love fried spaghetti and ketchup on my scrambled eggs.
I made honor roll once in high school because I got an A in my art class and B's in the rest. School was always a challenge. It took a lot of really hard work to get those grades. Art was my best subject.
Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday.
I collect book markers. Strange I know but it has something to do the art work they are able to fit on the book mark itself. I like the colors, the quotes, the pictures, and anything that makes me feel good.
I was never allowed to play sports in High School because my mom thought I was going to turn into a juvenile delinquent.
I tried out for Pom and Cheer in High School. I missed first cuts by 10 points. Oh well. Yes I know This is a sport. Their were a lot of contradictions growing up.
I came in 51st out of 200+ riders in my one and only bike race. I was not able to continue riding because life went a different direction at the time.
I repelled of the side of a very tall mountain. It was a youth activity and we had a fire and rescue guy that lived in our ward. He took us out and taught us how to repel. I absolutely loved it. I want to go again someday.
I know how to use a band saw, drill press, propane torch, circular saw, miter saw, hand drill. I used to ask for power tools for Christmas.
I locked my keys in the car. It was still running. The kids would not stop arguing and I was stressed to the max. This was the result.
So their you have it. Things I bet you didn't know about me. Life is a wonderful challenge.






No comments:
Post a Comment