Friday, March 26, 2010

simple little miracles

When I made this wreath 3 years ago
this is what it looked like and has until
this week.........................
I was going out of the front door to
get the mail and I noticed something
different..............................................














An addition to my little wreath courtesy
Mother Nature.
A little Robins nest.
It was empty so I wasn't sure if it was abandoned.
I just thought it was way cool that a little bird
chose my Wreath to nest in. But I watched any way...


The next morning I checked the nest and
Look!




I was so excited!!!! A real Robins Egg!
And they really are the green blue and speckled.  That day I had the door open and the momma bird sat in her nest and sang her happy song.

The next day had two eggs. The third day had three eggs and the fourth day.. Yep four eggs. Does it take this beautiful little creature all night to lay one egg? OUCH!!! Hhmmm......
I tried to get a picture of her but couldn't get the right angle or close enough until......

The fourth day I snuck out of the side gate and tried to get close enough. Nope need the larger lens..... I waited a little while longer and went all the way to the street and snapped shots while I walked up toward the door and finally got it. Can you see her? Click on the picture and you can get a closer look.

 I have been having a really tough time lately and look how Heavenly Father helps... Every day we check to see if she is still their and she is. I try not to disturb her too much. This simple little miracle has changed the whole atmosphere in our home. Not that it was horrible but it has lifted the spirits of all of us. We all check on her at different times of the day and use the front door as little as possible. This is going to be fun to watch as it progresses. I haven't had a chance to see if their is another egg. I don't think their is but we didnt think she would lay more than three eggs. Strong little bugger. Just amazing!!!

Robyn updates to come.................




2 comments:

Beckums said...

that is SO neat!

Bethany said...

Heavenly Father always comes through just when you need Him. I love how that works.