Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Birdie Saga Update

This is kind of late but I realized last night that I never posted any updates on the little birds that were living on my front door. So here we go.

They hatched..... only three hatched at first.









And they grew










And grew a little more. Now all four were hatched.










And grew some more. They were about a week old.










Then the week end came and time for Prom.
A lot of activity at the front door. I think too
much because I never saw the mommy come back.
I watched for three days and worried over those
little babies. I just couldn't stand the thought of those babies dying on my front door. It became a little personal. So I went online to research the habits 
of these little creatures and learned that too many
disturbances will cause the mother to abandon the
nest. She should have been at the nest feeding them
every 10 to 15 minutes so I watched the nest for
15 minutes and she never came. I watched a little
longer and she didnt come. The babies were not
moving much and so I called the Humane Society.
Did you know their are people that will actually
take baby birds and raise them. They gave me
her number and I took them to her. So the baby
birdies are alive and well living with the bird
lady. The End......


2 comments:

Becky said...

Oh Dawn, so glad you're back! Love the birdie pics and update. Your quilts are beautiful, just like you!!

Dawn said...

Thank you Becky! It is good to be back. I really missed blogging and I had the best time updating.