Sunday, December 19, 2010

Heavens Face

Today at church was our Christmas program. The Young Women sang a beautiful song and did so well. Some how I joined the choir in the process of getting the girls ready for this day. I am so very happy I did because today while on the stand, during the program I was blessed to see Mark sing along with the songs. When he sang Silent Night I saw an angel from heaven. His face was so sweet and pure. I started to cry of course and then his mom started to cry and his dad had his arm around his shoulder and sang along with him. It was Heaven for those beautiful wonderful songs.

For any one that does not know Mark, he is about 36/38 yrs old and mentally disabled. He knows all of the Christmas songs and can even play them on the organ. It is not the best rendition of the songs but you know what he is playing. I love to hear Mark sing, I love to watch Mark sing and I have been blessed to sing with Mark. We visit his home every year for the youth Hay Ride and the kids love to sing WITH Mark. He leads them in the songs. He has beaten the odds many times and has the most amazing parents in the world. I have seen the good days and a small part of the bad days and I mean "the most amazing parents in the world". You know they love their son, no doubts.

Today was a blessed day indeed! I was blessed to see Heavens Face....

No comments: