Time. Funny how that word plays such a huge roll in our lives. Money too. When I was at work yesterday I had a few lessons come my way.
First was how Satan will try anything to keep us from doing the right things. I had plans to go to the Temple after work yesterday. From the moment I got out of bed and actually the night before started with a migraine. But any way, when I got up things were not working at all. I managed to get to work on time though. Then certain people in my day were just not in the right frame of mind, making it difficult to have the right frame of mind. Mind you I really like these certain people but non the less it was difficult and they did have very good reason for there situation. It is hard to be specific because in my work I have to adhere to privacy laws, but people in general have been out of control in one way or another. This whole month though has been pretty difficult, extremely difficult. So I have been praying a lot at work. My first lesson is that in spite of all the garbage Satan threw at me I was still going to do the right thing. I was going to the temple. Once I made my intetions known to him all of the anxiety from the stress went away. I even said to Satan that "I am still going to the temple so it is pretty useless for you to try and keep me from going!" That is the very moment I felt peace. That booger man still tried even on the free way. Traffic was horrible and I missed the session I was wanting to go to. I still followed through and I did other ordinances instead. I was able to go to the Celestial room after and was blessed to see a beautiful bride to be come into the celestial room for the first time. I am so happy I endured. So much garbage is thrown our way every day but if we endure so many great things come from enduring to the end. I even got to watch the dress rehearsal of the Easter pageant, which is amazing!!!
The second lesson was on time. I am so grateful for the time I do have. It is not much but I am given some for my self in order to keep my sanity. Being me, I have to be able to be creative in order to feel completely sane for lack of abetter word. Any one that really knows me, understands this. My mind literally never stops creating. I plan quilts, work on my RS classes, craft ideas and so much more in my sleep. Creativity brings me happiness. It keeps my mind from focusing on too many negative things. I have actually solved many problems while sewing or crafting. Also I feel that I am doing what I am suppose to be doing. It does not only apply to sewing and crafting. It applies to everything I do for my family, in my calling and at work. I have been blessed with a little time to make this post. My husband plays a huge roll in this blessing as well. I have to give credit where it is due. He does not want to loose his man card over this, so don't say anything to him, but he has been taking on a lot of the house hold chores so I can have this time.Working full time has created a lot more limitations and he has been sensitive to this. Plus he knows how important this is to me. My man is an amazing man. I love him with all my heart. I can't say it well enough to give a clear idea of how much I love him. Being able to do things together no matter what it is, is a wonderful thing. In the hole scheme of things we have so little time. We need to make the best it no matter what is we are doing. We need to fill the time we have with all of the love and good we can create.
The third was kind of strange how it came about. My coworkers were talking about how they would like to do a certain activity but did not have the money to do it. The thought that came to mind was what a blessing having no money can be. It actually keeps us from doing things we really do not need to be doing if we adhere to the concept. Lately we have been adhering and we are being blessed beyond measure. It is not that we were unable to pay the bills. That always happened. We just don't order out as much and things like that.The obvious extra cash flow can go toward getting debt paid down faster. A goal of ours this year and it is really happening. Another of my goals this year was to not buy any fabric unless I really need it to finish a quilt. I don't usually spend a lot on these kinds of things any way but I have a few projects that I can work on and that helps me get those finished. Plus it creates room for the new round of supplies when I need them. I am trying to establish new habits I guess. Stashing fabric is great but one needs the room to do so. I guess I am learning a few things here.
Just a few things that have come to me today. I just wanted share. Love to all....
16 years ago






1 comment:
Thank you for sharing Dawn! Good stuff we all need to hear :)
Post a Comment