Well I am finally a blogger. This first post will not be very exciting because I am a little inhibited by the newness of it. I will come around though, and then everyone will see that I am a total nut bag.
A few things about me and my family. I have been married to my husband for 17 years. We have 3 kids. MyKelle, Raini and Colter. They are the best thing that has ever happened to me in my life along with my marriage to Steve. The joy I feel because of my little family is indiscribable. Even through the hard times we find so much to be happy and thankful for. Raini is married to a wonderful guy. David is very much a son to us and we love him very much. Raini and Dave are coming for Thanksgiving. I am excited to see them. I am sad at the same time because MyKelle is in Colorado going through several treatments. She will not be able to come home for the holidays. Very sad. I miss my kids alot when they are away. It may be a blessing for MyKelle though. I poison her every time she comes home for dinner. I try to cook her food that she can eat but she has a hard time staying away form the regular food for the rest of the family. I think I am a pretty good cook. My "wide horizons" that follow me every where I go are proof of my cooking.
My son, Colter finally got his Eagle. Man was that an adventure. (Putting it nicely.) We will have his Eagle court of honor after the holidays. He is a junior in high school. Most every one knows that. He is an easy going kid. He is interested in media as a career. He likes to do photo and video editing. He is pretty good at it.
I am a stay at home mom for now. I retired form Costco Wholesale a little over a year ago. I worked their for 16 years. I learned a lot in my time with Costco. I have a wide range of work experience. I learned a lot about people. There are some very good people in this world and then there are some very scary people. I wont go into that. Another post. All in all we were very blessed to have had this opportunity for our family. I get to take care of my family now. Granted I cant afford to be in Co. taking care of MyKelle, but she is handling things very well. I am proud of her.
I love to cook. I try not to do that much because I love the very calorie laden type recipes. Cakes, pastries and such. Not a good thing when you get older. The necessity for healthy food comes into play. I manage to find some pretty good recipes to try. Not too bad for the heart. I hope. I like trying new recipes. I also love to sew. I have been sewing since I was about 10 yrs old. My newest venture is quilting. I have always wanted to get into it but never had time when I was working. I love quilting very much. I love being creative. I am second counselor in the Young Woman's program at church. I enjoy this calling very much. I have so much fun with the girls. I keep pretty busy.
Like I said not very exciting or creative but give me time. I have to figure all this stuff out. More to come. BY






2 comments:
Yeah! I love it... I want to show you all the cool stuff you can do when I home in a few days! I miss you and Dad and Colter and Kelle... love you!
Wooo HOOO welcome to what is soon to be your second favorite hobby!!! I would like to comment a little more but putting all my words together ofr this is just not working... my brain is on steriods and going into overlaod. I think that I can actually smell the smoke coming out of my litte head. Love you and welcome to world of blogging!
Post a Comment