To keep your dish cloth smelling fresh, mix a bleach solution of 1/4 c bleach and the rest water in a spray bottle.
Lay your dish cloth in the sink and saturate with the bleach solution. Let sit for several minutes and rinse. I do this to my green scrubby too. You can do this with the sponge kind too. Air Dry.
This is a great way to remove most stains from your dish cloth as well.
Be aware, if you use a dish cloth that is colored you will bleach out the color. I have gone to white so this is not an issue. They last longer too.
I use the bleach solution to sterilize my counter tops as well. Especially after I have been working with raw meat or before I use the counter top for cut out cookies or any thing like that. Rinse counter top with clean cloth after sterilizing.
It has come in handy through out the years.
There I shared. Feels good!!!!!!

Bleach strength can be adjusted. Keep in mind, if you make it too strong it will break down the fabric and create holes. Can cause damage to clothing. Do not use on anything that the bleach could ruin. Always check before you try it. Also keep out of reach of children. Do not get this in your eyes. If you do rinse thoroughly with cold water and contact your doctor. Do not ingest. If you do, call 911. Rinse with cold water and soap if solution comes in contact with skin.
I think I covered all of the cautions. Kind of sad that I feel I have to do this. Comes from working with the public. Oh well I gotta cover the tail.






2 comments:
sweet! i hate how they smell after a while, i've thrown away too many scrubbies!!!
I'm going to go buy white dish cloths now! You have such a cute blog with good ideas and tips. Thanks!
Post a Comment