Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Never in my life.....

So I heard something for the first time in my life today. I am "over qualified". Let me explain. I was contacted by a recruiting company because I opened my profile to allow them too on jobing.com. They interviewed me and tested me and coached me for a job interview with petsmart corporate office. The position was for I-9 auditing and processing. I was not well versed on I-9 laws so the recruiter sent me a copy of the laws the day before my interview with petsmart. I studied that night and then the next day. Basically two times. Pretty basic stuff. Not too hard to remember. Went through the interview and did pretty good. I remembered the things I studied. I hear today that I didnt get the job because "I am over qualified." I have never in my life heard that. EVER! I have been going through this whole process thinking I am never going to get a job outside of retail and I am over qualified for a position in the corporate world. I am dumb founded.......

No comments: