Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'm loosing it......

Well it is official. I have re-applied to Costco. It is my last resort. First let me ask everyone to pray for me so I can get a position in the Administration Department. I am asking everyone I talk to. I would appreciate it. I am pretty sure I can get back on with them and I am grateful that it is available BUT....... I know a lot of people do not understand my dismay about the whole thing so this is the deal with Costco. When a person works retail they are required to be available to work any and all business hours. Business is business. Costco business hours run from 4am to 11:30 pm. Those are hours to be worked by the employee. If you are full time you get to choose your days off but it is given only by seniority and most of the time by favoritism. Part timers don't get any choices. The Administration Dept. is the best dept to work in because the hours are the same every day. Regular 9-5 so to speak. That is why I want this position. I need a regular work week. If I go to any other position I have to work the hours I am scheduled according to the companies needs and this is the equivalent to having someone schedule your whole life the way they see fit. It feels like you have no freedom to live a regular life. Believe me I did it for 16 years. This is why I say "I am loosing it". I am loosing my freedom.... I have grown accustom to having the freedom to take care of my family with out asking Costco for permission to do so. I like being able to schedule a doctors appointment with out worrying if I am going to be able to get the day to go. Costco does not work around church callings. It is near to impossible to hold a calling. It's the important things. But we do what we have to do to take care of our families and this is what I need to do. This is the only way things are going to work for us at the moment. And all in all, I am thankful for the ability to get this job back. So I am asking for prayers so that I can get the admin job and have some semblance of a real life.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I will definately be praying for you Dawn! Good Luck!

keri said...

You will be in my prayers, good luck.

Bethany said...

You are in my prayers, Dawn! Love you!