I just read an article in the Ensign on Blogging. It was great as usual. It talked about sharing the gospel on our blogs and how to be courteous and responsible. It made a lot of good points.
I feel the need to make one more good point. To those who read mine or any other blog. Please, Please, Please, when you read my thoughts, my words, Please be responsible in interpreting what the real intention and feelings in my words might be when you read my posts. I have learned that the mood I am in or the circumstances in my life at the time I read something largely determines the way I interpret what I have just absorbed.
If I blog about someone, I do not intend to cause any trouble for that individual or any other individual, in any way, shape or form.
Now, one might interpret this post as an angry post. Very simply, It is not anger at all. More dismay I would say. I am always amazed when things like this happen. Baffled actually. With all of the instruction and teaching and warnings and scripture reading and everything else we receive from on high, this mistake still happens. Most innocently too. I make mistakes all of the time and don't realize I have done it. It comes down to choices all of the time. Do I do what I am tempted to do? Maybe I need to give this a little more thought before I act on it. Who might be hurt from my actions?
I honestly don't know what else to say other than, I am pleading with all who read blogs. Please do not fall into the trap of misinterpretation. Very simply it leads to problems.
I love Blogging. I don't mind sharing the things I share. I guess you really should consider how well you know me when you read my words before you decide to pass on what you have learned.
So please be mindful and respectful when reading others blogs.
The only thing I hope to happen as a result of this post is that the reader will understand and interpret this appropriately.
The feeling and emotions in these words are the following: sorrow, confusion, regret, frustration, confusion, pleading for understanding.
16 years ago






2 comments:
I agree, I worry a lot that people are going to take stuff the wrong way when I blog... sometimes I even end up leaving stuff off since I am so sure that at least one person will take it wrong-
I love you Dawn! I agree with this post 100%.
Post a Comment