Tuesday, August 31, 2010

When I die....

Saturday, August 28th we attended the "Celebration of Life" (COL) for my late sister in-law. She was cremated so their was no rush to get her buried.  She wanted a "Celebration of Life" instead of a funeral. It is more like a "wake" but with out all of the Irishmen. This had a bunch of Lesbians instead. Too dang funny.... It was a nice, calm atmosphere where everyone mingled and visited. My sister April put together a slide show of some pictures put to "Somewhere Over the rainbow" sung by IZ. That is the version with the ukulele. Love that one!!  It was being played in the bar area of the hotel that the "COL" was being held. Diana worked their and they paid for a lot of it. So anyway we are sitting in the bar area watching the video and this couple comes in and starts to watch the video and the guy starts to ask questions, Is that her daughter? Is she the one that died? We had  party crashers join the "COL" It was hilarious. They watched the video, visited with the other guests, watched us take the group picture. So dang funny. The only thing I could think of the whole time was that Diana can make friends so easily and she isn't even with us any more. That is the kind of person she is and her spirit was their on Saturday making friends with every one.

When I die I think I want to have some sort of celebration . It was a very nice thing to experience.
I don't want people to be sad. Be happy that I was happy and lived life to the fullest and the best that I could.  Maybe a dinner party with a live band and dancing and a Pinata for the kids, LOL ... My kids will think of something fun.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Maybe at yours, Dawn, everyone could dress in crazy costumes and pretend to be hillbillies. Just a thought that reminds me of you. :D

Dawn said...

Whoo HOOOOOO!!!! That is too funny. Yes I am a decedent of the trailer folk. It would be fun!!!!! The band could be a jug band and the songs could be "Solly Dog" and "Little brown Jug". This is a good idea!!!